1/10/2008

Medical Health Insurance - Do Not Leave Home Without It

When we are young, we never think about our health, and expect that we will live our days blessed with good health and no illness or accidents. But that is not what the world is like. There is so much uncertainty in this world; you can come down with a bad virus, you can get hit by a car, you just never know what can happen to you and so you have to be prepared for anything to happen. This makes medical insurance a real must for all of us.

At one point when I was eighteen, I was offered a health insurance plan. I did not even think about taking advantage of it since I was still covered under my parents policy. But, when the time came and I should have sought out health insurance, at age 25 when I was no longer covered, I still ignored it. I was in the prime of health; what could possibly happen to me to require that I have health insurance? Put it down to dumb youth. Even at that young age, you should be careful about being protected. I was an active person; what if I hurt myself playing football or skiing? There was no way I could afford to pay a hospital bill if I broke a leg. It is a serious question to think about.

Just because you do not need medical insurance today does not mean that you will not need it tomorrow. I guess a lot of young people think that since they did not use the insurance, they just threw that money away. Why should they continue to throw it away month after month? That is just being blind to reality. Even if you never got sick, there are always accidents waiting to happen. If you were in a car accident or broke a leg, you would be very happy that you had health insurance. Doctor and hospital bills are astronomical, and very few people can afford to pay them out of pocket. Even if you do have to pay a deductible, it will not compare to the total bill if you go into the hospital after an accident. A bill like this will haunt you for the rest of your life, and the hospital and the collection agency are not going to forget about it.

If you have medical insurance, you do not have to worry about these things. The medical insurance company takes care of all of the doctor and hospital expenses. You will be very happy you had medical insurance if you are ever in an accident.

You cannot count on never having an accident or never getting sick. These things can happen to the most careful people and to the healthiest people. It will give you a great deal of peace to know that if anything does happen, most of the bills will be taken care of. We cannot possibly manage something like this on our own. We need to have health insurance during the good times to make sure it is there during the bad times when we need it.

Michael Benifez reports for http://www.LifeinPalmCoast.com, covering world of finance, mortgage loans, refiancing and insurance in Palm Coast, Florida and Flagler county. His latest article on Flagler county Florida health insurance covers health care options.


Here you Go!
health insurance florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home